This dish is called “dancing” fish because of its cutting technique! The cutting technique called “butterfly” technique. Watch this recipe video till the end to see how Chef Saf makes this dish using ADELA Gold.
DANCING FISH WITH SWEET & SOUR SAUCE
For Frying Fish:
400g Garoupa whole fish cut to “butterfly”
1 tbsp Salt
1⁄2 tbsp Turmeric powder
1 Egg yolk
1 cup Corn flour
ADELA Gold – for deep frying
For Sweet & Sour Sauce:
1⁄2 cup Water
1⁄4 cup Light soy sauce
3 tbsp White vinegar
2 tbsp Tomato ketchup sauce
2 inch Ginger
3 cloves Garlic
1 tbsp Spicy chili paste
1 pcs Green bell pepper
100g Pineapple chunks
2 pcs Shallots
1 tbsp Corn flour mix with 1 tbsp water – make a paste
1 Spring onion – chopped
1 Coriander leaves – chopped
Sugar – to taste
1. Prepare the sauce by sautéing ginger and garlic mince with diced bell pepper, shallots and spicy chili paste in 3 tbsp ADELA Gold oil. Cook until fragrant.
2. Mix in tomato ketchup, light soy sauce, white vinegar, sugar and water. Cook until vinegar smell disappears. Put in the pineapple chunks.
3. Mix 2 tbsp cornstarch slurry, stir well. The sauce will turn thick.
4. Next, pre heat a big wok with ADELA Gold for deep frying the fish.
5. Marinate the fish with salt, turmeric powder and egg yolk. It should be moist. Dredge in corn flour and fry the fish in hot oil until golden brown.
6. Plate the fish and pour over the prepared sauce, garnish with spring onions and ready to serve.
Don’t forget to try this at home!
If you’re looking for high quality Cookware Set, Shop online now at – https://shop.icookasia.com/