Share This Article
180g castor sugar
220g flour (sieved)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon orange emulco
1 orange (for the juice and zest)
- Beat the butter with castor sugar on high speed until it turns fluffy and white.
- Then add in the baking powder and mix well.
- Add in the eggs one by one, alternating with 1 tablespoon of flour. Beat until well incorporated.
- Add in vanilla essence and mix. Then add in the remaining flour.
- Mix in the orange emulco, orange juice and zest.
- Pour the batter into a cake pan that has been lined.
- Bake at 160°C until it is well cooked.