Share This Article
Ingredients to make roti canai:
Ingredients A: for roti canai ball
2 chicken eggs
4 grams of salt
6 grams of sugar
200 grams of sweet condensed milk
525 grams of flour
16 grams of margarine
Ingredients B: for roti canai balls marinate
1 cup of margarine
One big bowl
Ingredients C: for frying
1 bowl of cooking oil
First, prepare ingredients for roti canai balls. Mix eggs, salt, sugar, condensed milk and water, stir well. Next, add flour and margarine. Start kneading for 11 minutes until dough forms and leave it for 10 minutes.
While preparing for roti canai mulch, spread margarine on the surface of the bowl.
After 10 minutes, shape the roti canai balls to approximately 60 grams of weight until all is finish. Put margarine on each ball and place them in the bowl that has margarine spread on it. Close bowl and leave it for at least 10 hours.
After 10 hours, the roti canai balls are ready to be grind down into thin pieces of roti canai.
To prepare roti canai:
– Flattened roti canai ball using a little bit of oil, position your right palm on top of the flattened dough and your left hand on the bottom of the dough. (those who are left handed, can position their hands in an opposite manner)
– Start lifting the dough using your right hand and your left hand will follow the motion of your right hand, as if you are pruning to the left. Do this for 6 to 7 times until dough becomes thin.
– Next, fold the dough from right followed by left and fold from top to bottom, and bottom to top. Lift the dough at the middle part of the fold and use your thumb to push the bottom of the dough to form a round shape.
6. Let it rest for 5 minutes. To cook the dough, flatten the dough and place it on a hot pan. Cook until it is golden brown. Once cooked, lift and pat between both sides of the roti canai to release the hot air (also to ensure its soft)
7. Roti canai is ready to be eaten with dhall or curry. Enjoy!