Share This Article
Shell Batter (makes about 18-20 cones) 3 days shelf life
Flour 140 gms
Sugar 40 gms
Salt 4 gms
Egg whites 4 nos
Squid ink 10 gms
White sesame seeds (for baking) as needed
- Mix till well combined in in mixing bowl with whisk. Transfer to a clean container and keep chilled for at least 1 hour before use.
- After shell batter is chilled and well rested. Spread onto silicon pad with off set spatula into approximately 3 inches circles. Sprinkle with white sesame seeds and bake in preheated oven at 170°C for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, remove, work with the dough while still hot, flip over and press onto a small sauce dish. Once it sets it will resemble a sheel / cup. Leave to cool, transfer to an airtight container, cover and keep in cool area until needed.
Salmon Tartare (makes about 18-20 cones) 1 day shelf life
Salmon fillet (sashimi quality, skinned and bone removed) 1 kg
Red onion fine dice (wash under cold water, drain and dry) 50 gms
Black Pepper crush 4 gms
Parsley chopped 4 gms
Kewpie Traditional Mayo 80 gms
Kewpie Soy Sesame sauce 100 gms
- Cut salmon fillet down to a fine dice, mix well with all ingredients and place in piping bag. Keep chilled.
- Place shells onto a plate, spoon over the salmon tartare.
- Garnish with salmonroe and herbs such as parsley, chervil and tarragon.