Buttery and rich in flavor, this beautiful Cheese Surprise Butter Brioche will surprise you by its extremely soft and airy texture inside and its slightly crispy crust on the outside. Enjoy it with fruit jam and a cup of coffee!
1 cup warm milk
1/4 cup sugar divided
2 tsp dry active yeast
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp salt
250g mozzarella cheese – cut to 8 cubes
250g cheddar cheese – cut to 8 cubes
1. Warm 1 cup of milk to about and add 1 tbsp sugar and 2 tsp of dry active yeast. Give it a
stir and set aside let it become frothy
2. In a mixing bowl, place all-purpose flour, remaining sugar, and salt in your beat bowl
and make a well with a spatula.
3. Pour the yeast mixture and 4 eggs into the flour and beat it slowly with the hook
attachment. Then pick up the speed to high.
4. When no more patches of flour appear add in the sliced 1/2 cup of softened
5. Continue to beat the dough for another 10 minutes until it’s formed its shape.
6. Place on a lightly floured surface. It will be very sticky. Shape it into a ball and place it
into a greased bowl.
7. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and keep in a warm place for one hour.
8. Form the dough into a log and divide it into eight equal pieces.
9. Shape each piece into a ball and stuff it with the cubed cheese, place it on a baking
sheet lined with parchment paper to proof. This should take about 30 to 50 minutes.
10. Brush each bun with egg wash and bake at 170’C for 25-30 minutes or until they are
11. Now do the cheese pull!
In need of new kitchenware? Shop now at https://shop.icookasia.com/