Share This Article
For a fruity start of the year, check out these delicious mince fruit pie 🙂
Specially made by Chef Victor in collaboration with Malaysian Institute of Baking
300 g All Purpose Flour
120 g Butter (unsalted)
108 g Sugar
2 g Salt
27 g Egg
40 g Whipping Cream
200 g Raisin
60 g Orange Peel
100 g Green Apple
32 g Sugar Syrup / Honey
2 g Cinnamon
1 g All Spice
8 g Pregelantinised Starch
40 g Glycerine
70 g Butter
8 g Vinegar
10 g Lemon Juice
1. Mix butter, sugar and salt on medium speed for 3 minutes.
2. Add eggs followed by whipping cream on medium speed for 2 minutes
3. Fold in all purpose flour on slow speed for 30 seconds until the dough is formed. Place dough in the chiller for 1 hour.
4. Take half of the dough and roll out between 2 plastic sheets to 3mm thick.
5. Using a round cutter, 1 cm larger than tart mould, cut a round disc of pastry.
6. Place the pastry onto a well-greased tart mould and press it in gently with your thumbs.
7. Put mince fruit mixture inside and cover with a round piece of pastry.
8. Prick holes in the centre of the pies and seal the edges with a fork.
9. Trim off any excess pastry from the edges and brush the tops with egg wash.
10. Bake at 180°C for 20 – 25 minutes until the mince pies are golden brown.
11. Sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon sugar over the mince pies a few minutes before they are removed from the oven.